Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Vacations!

So, I need a vacation... DESPERATELY. I'm sure the majority of my mommy friends feel this way. I know I'm not the only one. I just crave a little kid free time. I go to work and there's kids. I come home and there's kids. I go to the grocery store and there are more kids... They've got us surrounded. Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE my kids! I adore them. I LIVE for them. But sometimes... I just want a little grown-up time. Is that so wrong?

I think not...

So, come along on this dream journey with me, will you?

Here are the top ten KID-FREE vacations I'd like to take...

1. Hawaii : Look at this... does it not just oooze paradise. sigh. People actually live here. That's the crazy thing to me. What must it be like to live in paradise? I will probably never know.


Or maybe something a little more... foreign... more historical...

2. Greece: I am in love with these colors. I think I need a Greek inspired room in my next house. vibrant blue and fresh white. So pretty.

But I'm thinking I'd really like something tropical...

3. Aruba! That's it! I love palm trees and sand and sailboats and blue skies and perfect weather. Let's go there. Shall we? I'm packing my bag right now. As I type. I'm multi-talented that way.


Once I tire of the tropics; however, I go back to some place a little... older? A little more night-life kinda feel...

4. Amsterdam anyone? I hear it's the place to be. And it looks quite lovely.


But I'm so dang predictable... I can't get away from my tropic dreams...

5. Which is why my number five is definitely the Dominican Republic. Oh perfection! I want to be on that beach right now. Toes in the sand, drinking some kind of fruity drink out of a coconut that my private waiter/bartender/masseuse Juan just brought me. Isn't he sweet? I promise Andrew doesn't mind. hehe


So, after I get bored of Juan in the DR, I've decided to go to the other side of the world for a little Asian culture...

6. Tokyo is JUST the place! Look at this! Tell me this does not look like a thrilling place to be?!


Then it's back to the States for a little bit of outdoor adventure in this gorgeous state!

7. Alaska... how can people get anything done if they have this to look at all day. SO beautiful!


Then I think my Andrew and I need a little romance...

8. PARIS! It's just the place! I desperately need to go there. I want to see some art and eat some delicious food! mmm


And once we're back in the US... I think we'll go for a little drive!

9. How about along the Pacific Coastal Highway? We'll stay in some quaint hotels on the beach. Enjoy a bit of the California way of life. I think I could get used to that.


Then after all that travel... I need rest. But not just ANY rest. I need some luxurious rest.

10. So, I'm getting a SUPER expensive room at The Plaza Hotel in NYC. I could stay in that bed for a WEEK! Superb!

I just need to make sure I get this bathroom! ahhhh....


A woman can dream... just dreaming about it made me feel more relaxed. Now it's time to put the kids to bed and take a long hot shower! :-) That's how we relax around these parts.

2 comments:

Sauafea Designs said...

Alaska is very beautiful! I live here and I enjoy every season.

Unknown said...

The Plaza is great, but I like this super expensive hotel called the Carlyle, it is in uptown ny near the ralph store. I have seen plenty of celebrities there!