Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday... Favorite places to pig out!

1.  Richard's -  (No website available.) Favorite BBQ place in Salisbury, NC.  If you're ever driving down 85, you should stop into Salisbury and give it a try!  I love it so so much!  Not only is the food amazing, but the staff there loved my Poppy, who went there every day for many many years.  When he died, they closed the restaurant so that they could all come to his funeral.  The place just makes me me happy!  Favorite bbq sandwich, favorite slaw, favorite hushpuppies, favorite cheeseburgers!  YUM!
2.  Yamazato's -  (No website available.) Fast food Japanese restaurant in Lynchburg, Va.  It's amazing!  I ate it at least twice a week during college and maybe more while I was student teaching.  It's comfort food to the max!
3. Chipotle - Gigantic made-to-order burritos that make my belly oh so happy!  Having one close to my house is definitely a requirement for our next abode.  HA!  I have such high standards.  
4.  Dixie Bones - Woodbridge, VA BBQ... the only decent bbq restaurant I've found in Northern VA.  They have a Sunday buffet that will make your heart skip a beat!  oh man!  BBQ (all different kinds... pork, beef, chicken...) and mac-n-cheese, and collard greens, and cornbread!  YUM!
5.  Five Guys - Burgers.  Fries.  Heaven.  
6.  Biscuitville - Mostly southern, fast food breakfast chain... my favorite!  Especially the country ham biscuit and sausage gravy biscuit!  drool.  
7.  The Melting Pot - Fondu!  mmmm  It's not only fun, but it's delicious!  Especially the desert fondu!  
8.  Geno's - Cheesesteak!  Trips to Philly have taken place just for these sandwiches.  We have found a place here that have good cheesesteaks too... Philly Connection.  Very close and definitely fulfills the fix when a two hour drive is not doable.  
9.  Krispy Kream - HOT NOW!  As my Andrew says, "It's like the bat signal!" That glowing red sign is hard to pass up!  
10. Ledo Pizza  - Thin crust rectangle pizza cut into cute little squares... the bacon is my absolute favorite!  SO good! 

For more Top Ten Tuesday check out ohamanda.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It all sounds delicious. Happy TTT.